Yoga does wonders for your skin as well, lets’s start from the beginning,
Traces of yoga have been found in North India for over 5000 years ago. Yoga was mentioned in Rig Veda, the oldest sacred text in Sanskrit. It explains what yoga is, how it is done and its benefits for the human mind and body.
Yoga is an ancient practice focusing on breathing, flexibility, and strength to boost the efficiency of our body and mind. Breathing and moving in yoga helps to balance hormones and move waste stagnating in the intestines.” All of this leads to healthier, happier skin.
Top 7 Yoga Poses for Healthier Skin:
Even makeup works best on healthy skins however getting healthy and glowing skin is not really easy as it gets affected by the lifestyle, hormones, metabolism, and many more factors related to the body. By introducing some changes in lifestyle and doing these yoga poses every day you can flush toxins out of your body and get wonderful skin by eliminating issues like acne, pimples, dullness, and signs of aging.
- Padmasana (Lotus Position)
- It relaxes your body and Mind.
- Relieves stress and helps in getting younger-looking skin.
- Relieves menstrual pain.
- Can be done at any time.
- Sit down on your yoga mat keeping your back straight.
- Bend your right leg and put your right foot on your left thigh.
- Bend your left leg and put your left foot on your right thigh.
- Place both hands on their respective knees and close your eyes.
- Focus on deep breathing and stay like this for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strengthens your spine.
- Works on your core muscle which will help you in getting a flat tummy.
- Improves blood flow in the head resulting in glowing and healthy skin and healthy hair.
- Improves hormonal activity.
- Relieves menstrual cramps.
- Brightens your skin’s complexion.
- Stand on your knees and keep both legs parallel to the ground.
- Lean in the backward direction while pushing your hips in the forwarding direction.
- Bend your spine and head backward as much as possible without straining.
- Now touch your heels while lifting your chest upwards.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds and don’t forget to breathe meanwhile.
- Repeat the steps 3-4 times.
- Works great on your core muscles.
- It improves blood flow in your face giving you a brighter complexion.
- Enhances your skin’s health.
- Improves back’s flexibility.
- Relieves mild lower back pain.
1. Stand with your feet parallel to each other and maintain a short distance between them.
2. Bend forwards and try to touch the floor.
3. Keep your back straight as much as possible and try to press your face against the legs.
4. Keep your legs straight as much as possible.
- It opens up your chest and enhances blood circulation in the brain.
- Enhance the glow in your skin.
- Fights against bloating and indigestion.
- Beats fatigue and menstrual pain.
- Sit in the padmasana position.
- Bend backward slowly trying to touch your head on the floor.
- Try lifting your chest upwards with the top of your head touching the floor.
- Hold on to this position for a few seconds and then repeat 3-4 times.
- It strengthens your spine and arm.
- Gives a glow to your skin.
- Opens up your chest to improve oxygen intake.
- Detoxifies your body to enhance your overall health and improve your skin condition.
- Lie down with your chest facing downwards and put your hands near your head with shoulder width apart.
- Inhale with your head facing downwards.
- Exhale slowly and lift your body with your hands. Make sure your arms are straight and firm.
- Slightly bend backward for two seconds and then slowly come back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same steps for 10 minutes.
- This yoga brings wonders to your skin as it improves blood circulation in your brain.
- Enhances glow in the skin and healthy hair.
- Can clear pimples, dullness, and signs of aging if performed regularly.
- Lie down on the floor with your chest facing upwards.
- Slowly lift your legs and then your hips.
- Support your body with your hand and maintain the hold for a few seconds.
- Perfect yoga to perform at last in your yoga series.
- Ensures blood circulation in the whole body.
- Relieves stress and gives a glow to your skin if performed daily.
- Lie down straight with your chest facing upwards.
- Hold your arms and legs in a V shape.
- Close your eyes and take deep breaths.
- Hold on to this position for as long as you want.
- Perform your yoga sessions in the morning as it will wake your mind and gives you great flexibility for all the tasks.
- Cleanse your body before performing yoga.
- After the yoga session, take a bath with lukewarm water. Miel Natural’s Spanish Blossom Body Wash has a natural tea tree in it which will remove all the toxins from your skin’s pores and give you a great experience of bathing with its cherry blossom’s soothing fragrance.
- Wash your face gently with a natural and decent face cleanser. Miel Natural’s Hokkaido Matcha Face Cleanser is free from all toxic chemicals and is perfect for all skin types. It will enhance your post-yoga glow.
Yoga can be a game changer for your skin, If you manage to be persistent with it then you will definitely feel the difference in your skin’s health, strength, flexibility, mental health, digestive system, and whatnot. Hence, yoga does wonders to your skin.